Timetables and destination
Iryo provides persons with disabilities and people with reduced mobility the information on the accessibility of the rail services offered, as well as the conditions of access to the rolling stock and about the facilities on board the train.
How long does the journey between Madrid and Barcelona take?
The journey between Madrid Puerta de Atocha and Barcelona Sants takes 2 hours and 30 minutes direct and 2 hours and 45 minutes with a stop in Zaragoza. In total, it covers a distance of 621 kilometres.
How long does the train stop for in Zaragoza?
The train will stop at the Zaragoza Delicias station for approximately 3 minutes.
How long does the journey between Madrid and Valencia take?
The journey between Madrid Chamartin Clara Campoamor and Valencia Joaquín Sorolla takes 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Facilities access for people with reduced mobility
ADIF (Railway Infrastructure Administrator) offers free help and assistance for people who have a disability or reduced mobility. This specialised service provides customers with the information, guidance and help to access and transit through stations, as well as help when boarding and alighting from trains.
You can request this service on our website www.iryo.eu and tick the box for assistance for a person with reduce mobility during the purchase process.
- ⦁ If you use a wheelchair, it must be foldable for transport purposes.
- ⦁ If you have other mobility issues, you can request a wheelchair to enable your transit through the station, and to board and alight from trains.
- ⦁ If you have a hearing impairment, there is technical help available to facilitate communication.
- ⦁ If you have a visual impairment, you will be accompanied from the moment you arrive at the station until you reach your designated seat on the train.
- ⦁ If you have an intellectual impairment or difficulty understanding, you will be guided and accompanied from the moment you arrive at the station until you reach your designated seat.
- ⦁ If you have a companion or assistant, or travel with an guide or assistance dog, you should let us know.
How far in advance should I arrive at the station?
Passengers should arrive at the station 30 minutes before the train departs in order to board. Two minutes before the train departs the doors will shut and no-one may board.